Edmund Otis Hovey photographs
Scope and Contents
Bulk of collection consists of prints attributed to E.O. Hovey. Prints may have been part of Hovey's private collection. Subject matter ranges from underground caves (Chihuahua), meteors, volcanoes (Kilauea) and interior shots of various museum exhibitions. Includes some contact sheets and captions on the back.
- Hovey, Edmund Otis, 1862-1924 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1 box (approximately 120 photographic prints)
Previous number used: 123
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; Prints are sleeved.
- Edmund Otis Hovey photographs
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.