Charles L. Bernheimer field photograph collection
Scope and Contents
Field photographs mainly of Bernheimer's eight expeditions to the Southwest. These photographs encompass a range of subject matter consisting mostly of landscapes (especially the Rainbow Bridge), indigenous peoples, expedition members, and encampments. Includes manuscript, "Descriptive Notes to Accompany photographs of Tropical Fruits and Plants."
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
23 boxes (approximately 4,500 photographic prints and 10 photograph albums)
Previous numbers used: Collection 34, Collection 290, Collection 80, PC Inv. #50, USDE 1001, USDE 1985;Includes field photographs.
Includes manuscript, correspondence and postcards.
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; Box 2 marked as needing conservation (includes manuscript); albums on black craft paper
Possible subject terms:  Rainbow Bridge National Monument (Utah) >> Bernheimer, Charles L. $q (Charles Leopold), 1864-1944 $x Travel $z Southwest, New.
- Charles L. Bernheimer field photograph collection, 1892-1930
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.