Bernt Balchen photographs of Alaska
Scope and Contents
Includes images of Alaskan scenery, hunting and looking for game, planes, camps and lodging, aerial photographs, dogs and dog sleds, one image of "Bernt and crew on historic flight". Locations include Mother Goose Lake, Kotzebue, Beaver, Coffee River, Point Hope, and Anchorage. People include Noel Ross, Bob Reeve, Irene, Bess, and Otto(?) carrying a mastadon ivory.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1 box (85 photographic prints)
May include field photographs.
All photographs are numbered. Some are captioned.
Condition reviewed 2010 good; prints are sleeved
Possible subject terms:  Alaska.
- Bernt Balchen photographs of Alaska, 1949
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA