American Museum Congo expedition photographs
Scope and Contents
Field photographs of Congo Expeditions from 1909-1915.
- American Museum Congo Expedition (1909-1915) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
58 boxes (approximately 16,000 photographic prints)
Includes field photographs.
Originally in albums organized by subject.
Some photographs have negative numbers.
Three lantern slides included in box 54.
Condition reviewed 2010 good; Prints are sleeved. Several albums have not been processed. Box 58, 6 prints of digital library posters need conservation. Box 55 has 1 torn print.
- American Museum Congo expedition photographs, 1909-1915
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA