[Field books of the Third Asiatic Expedition] : [microform]
- 1922 - 1930
- Central Asiatic Expeditions (1921-1930) (Organization)
6 boxes (57 items) : (6 boxes (57 items) : ill. (some col.), 2 col. maps ;, 26 cm. or smaller.)
Language of Materials
Location of Originals Note
Indicator 1 Holder of originals: Rare Book Collection. Silver original shelved in the Negative Storage Room.
Expedition led by Roy Chapman Andrews and sponsored by the American Museum of Natural History.
The two maps were commercially published and used as references during the expedition. The map of China includes handwritten itineraries of previous Museum expeditions in the area and belonged to George Olsen.
Cumulative Index/Finding Aids Note
Box 1. Geological reconnaissance in central Mongolia / Dr. Berkey. (1st-9th book, season of 1922) -- Box 2. Geological reconnaissance in central Mongolia / Dr. Charles P. Berkey (10-16th book, season of 1925) -- Box 3. Dr. Berkey's notes, devoted to summaries and topics and problems, season of 1922. T.A.E. summary book, 1923. Dr. Berkey's compilation book, season of 1925 (3 v.) -- Box 4. Field geology / F.K. Morris (Books I-V, 1922; Books I-VI, season of 1923) -- Box 5. Field geology / F.K. Morris (Books VII-X, 1923; Books I-IX, 1925) -- Box 6. [Geology fieldbooks] / L.E. Spock (Books I-III). Field records of fossils, Szechuan / Walter Granger (1921-22; 1922-'23, 1925-'26). Field record of fossils, Mongolia (1922; 1923; 1925; 1928; 1930) / Walter Granger. [Record of birds and mammals], Yunnan, 1926 / [Walter Granger]. [Map of] China. [Map of] Asia.
Type of reproduction--Microfilm.; Place of reproduction--[New York, N.Y. :; Agency responsible for reproduction--American Museum of Natural History: Date of reproduction--1987]. Physical description of reproduction--6 microfilm reels, 35 mm.
Related / Analytical Title
Third Asiatic Expedition.
- American Museum of Natural History
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960
- Archives Microfilm
- Geology -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China)
- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China) -- Discovery and exploration.
- Granger, Walter, 1872-1941
- Mongolia -- Discovery and exploration.
- Morris, Frederick K. (Frederick Kuhne), 1886
- Olsen, George, d. 1939
- Paleontology -- China.
- Paleontology -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China)
- Scientific expeditions -- China
- Scientific expeditions -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017).
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA