A list of the Tring ornithological collection : [microform] / prepared by Robert Cushman Murphy.
Murphy was associate curator in the AMNH Bird Dept. at the time.
7 v. (654,  leaves) ; (7 v. (654 leaves) ; 34 cm.)
Language of Materials
Location of Originals Note
Indicator 1 Holder of originals: Rare Book Collection. Silver original shelved in the Negative Storage Room.
Typescript (carbon copy)
List of the bird specimens whose ownership was transferred from Lord Rothschild's Zoological Museum at Tring, Hertfordshire, to the American Museum of Natural History. Vols. 1-6 list the contents of the 185 cases of ornithological specimens shipped to the Museum; v. 7 consists of an index to the taxonomic names listed in v. 1-6. The specimens are curated by the AMNH's Dept. of Ornithology.
This was Murphy's own copy and bears his signature and marginal notes in red ink.
Type of reproduction--Microfilm.; Place of reproduction--[New York, N.Y. :; Agency responsible for reproduction--American Museum of Natural History: Date of reproduction--1987]. Physical description of reproduction--1 microfilm reel, 35 mm.
- American Museum of Natural History -- : Catalogs.
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology
- Archives Microfilm
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections
- Murphy, Robert Cushman, 1887-1973
- Rothschild, Lionel Walter Rothschild, Baron, 1868-1937 -- : Natural history collections.
- Zoological Museum (Tring, England) -- : Catalogs.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017).
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA