- Majority of material found within 1907-1948
Naturalist and taxidermist at the American Museum of Natural History; leader of over twenty expeditions under the Museum's aegis.
9 Volumes (9 v. ; 29 cm.)
Language of Materials
Location of Originals Note
Indicator 1 Holder of originals: Rare Book Collection. Silver original shelved in the Negative Storage Room.
Typescripts, except for last vol. (holograph)
Diaries of nine expeditions and field trips led by Clark and sponsored by the American Museum of Natural History. Contains detailed account of local conditions, geography, native life, fauna, camping, and hunts to collect specimens, mostly big game, for the Museum.
Cumulative Index/Finding Aids Note
[1.] Diary of first Wyoming trip  (11, 18 leaves) -- [2.] British East Africa, 1909-1910 (273 leaves) -- [3.] Diary of African trip [1922-1923]. Carlisle Clark African Expedition of American Museum of Natural History  (17 leaves, 57 p.) -- [4.] Cassiar trip  (88 leaves) -- [5.] Morden-Clark Asiatic Expedition, 1926-1927 ( p.) -- [6.] O'Donnell-Clark African Expedition.., 1931 (107, 63 leaves) -- [7.] [Alberta expedition, 1932] (38 leaves) -- [8.] Fleischmann-Clark American Museum Indo-China Expedition, 1936 (40 leaves) -- [9.] Central African Expedition, 1947-1948 ( leaves)
Type of reproduction--Microfilm.; Place of reproduction--[New York, N.Y. :; Agency responsible for reproduction--American Museum of Natural History: Date of reproduction--1987]. Physical description of reproduction--9 microfilm reels.
- American Museum of Natural History
- Archives Microfilm
- Central African Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1947-1948)
- Clark, James L. (James Lippitt), 1883-1969
- Fleischmann-Clark, American Museum, Indo-China Expedition (1936)
- Mammals -- Collection and preservation
- Morden-Clark Asiatic Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1926)
- O'Donnell-Clark African Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1931)
- Scientific expeditions
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017).
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA