Catalogue of American antiquities collected by Dr. Edwin H. Davis : purchased by the American Museum of Natural History, New York, 1874. [microform]
Physician and archaeologist. Investigated the prehistoric mounds around Hillsboro, Ohio, his hometown, and other areas in the Midwest.
1 v. (59 p.) : (1 v. (59 p.) : ill. ;, 21 cm.)
Language of Materials
Location of Originals Note
Indicator 1 Holder of originals: American Museum of Natural History, Dept. of Anthropology. Acc. no. 1869-1890/15.
Catalogue of 562 objects, many from Ohio, listed and described on recto of leaves in notebook, with printed illustrations mounted on some of the facing pages. "Kenyon College commencement exercises, Wednesday, September 4th, 1833" program mounted on front pastedown.
Introductory remarks signed E.H.D. and dated March 1874.
Original in the AMNH Dept. of Anthropology (Acc. no. 1869-1890/15)
Type of reproduction--Microfilm.; Place of reproduction--[New York, N.Y. :; Agency responsible for reproduction--The Museum: Date of reproduction--1987]. Physical description of reproduction--1 microfilm reel : negative ; 35 mm. On same reel is Davis's Catalogue of casts representing one hundred specimens of antiques found in the mounds of the West.
- American Museum of Natural History -- : Catalogs.
- Archives Microfilm
- Davis, E. H. (Edwin Hamilton), 1811-1888 -- : Archaeological collections -- : Catalogs.
- Indians of North America -- Antiquities -- Catalogs.
- Indians of North America -- Ohio -- Antiquities -- Catalogs.
- Mound-builders -- Antiquities -- Catalogs.
- Ohio -- Antiquities -- Catalogs.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017).
Part of the Research Library Special Collections Repository
American Museum of Natural History
Library Services, Special Collections
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York 10024-5192 USA US