Hans Christian Adamson collection, 1935-1968
- 1935 - 1968
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
Hans Christian Adamson, writer, reporter; also worked for the American Museum of Natural History (Chairman, Public and Press Information, 1938-41; Special Consultant, Public Relations, 1946).
4.5 Linear Feet (13 boxes)
6 Linear Feet (14 volumes) : illustrated ; 29 cm.
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Michael Lerner, Nov. 1977.
Dates indicated in parentheses are publication dates (mss. are undated)
Collection includes galley proofs as well as typescripts of: Hell at 50 fathoms, Tragedy at Honda and Admiral Thunderbolt.
"Notes on raft experiences" (252-leaf holograph ms.) accompanied by a letter, addressed to friends Helen and Mike, dated (1945) and signed.
Each vol. in separate case, except for Eddie Rickenbacker and Notes on raft experiences, together in one case.
Cumulative Index/Finding Aids Note
Eddie Rickenbacker / Hans Christian Adamson (1946) -- Keepers of the lights / Hans Christian Adamson (1955) -- The sportsman's game and fish cookbook / Helen Lyon Adamson and Hans Christian Adamson (1957) -- Admiral Thunderbolt / Hans Christian Adamson (1959) -- The galley cookbook / Helen and Hans Adamson (1961) -- Rebellion in Missouri, 1861 / Hans Christian Adamson (1961) -- Hell at 50 fathoms / Charles A. Lockwood, Hans Christian Adamson (1962) -- Blood on the midnight sun / Hans Christian Adamson and Per Klem (1964) -- Battles of the Phillippine Sea / Charles A. Lockwood, Hans Christian Adamson (1967) -- Tragedy at Honda / Charles A. Lockwood, Hans Christian Adamson (1974)
Scope and content
Consists of 13 v. (typescripts and galley proofs) of chiefly adventure novels written or co-authored by Hans Christian Adamson, as well as 1 holograph ms. (252 leaves), accompanied by a letter (l leaf).
- Adamson, Hans Christian
- Aids to navigation -- United States
- Cooking (Fish)
- Cooking (Game)
- Klem, Per
- Lighthouses -- United States -- Fiction.
- Manuscript Collection
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- Norway -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Fiction.
- Shipwrecks -- California -- Fiction.
- Submarines (Ships) -- Fiction.
- Tordenskiold, Peter, 1690-1720
- United States. Army -- : Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA