American Museum of Natural History miscellaneous photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Various photographs of temporary and permanent exhibitions at the AMNH. Mostly for a slide presentation shown at a Board Meeting held September 1991. Also includes images from the North American Ethnology collections storage taken by Paul Beelitz and other Science department collection storage areas, copy photographs of Patagonia, group photographs of the Exhibition Department taken in Spring 1979, and aerial views of the museum. Permanent halls include the Roosevelt Rotunda, Akeley Hall of African Mammals, Hall of Human Biology (models), and Whitney Bird Hall. Temporary exhibitions include Bicycles & Dragons and Ban Chiang.
- Majority of material found within circa 1970s-2000s
- American Museum of Natural History (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
150 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good; some slide mounts are discolored
Includes hard copy of the slide list for the presentation. Slides may be out of order.
Previous numbers used: USDE 2873, USDE 2879
Some slides have captions.
- American Museum of Natural History miscellaneous photographic slides, circa 1970s-2000s
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA