Puppets: Dance and Drama of the Orient exhibition photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Slides of the temporary exhibition Puppets: Dance and Drama of the Orient, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1974. Images of Pacific dance masks and puppets, along with diplays in the exhibit. Includes shadow figures, scenes of Ramayana and Mahabarota, Thai performers, Malaysian figures and Chinese shadow puppets.
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
circa 190 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Slide numbers 103-1 to 103-100. One slide is not numbered.
Most slides contain captions.
- Puppets: Dance and Drama of the Orient exhibition photographic slides, 1974-1975
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.