American Museum of Natural History collections of gems and minerals photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Consisting mostly of cut and uncut gems and minerals as well as some carvings, figures, and vases. Nearly all of the slides are captioned with detailed information about the type of stone and the place of origin.
- circa 1970s
- Photo Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box )
circa 420 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Few slides have glass mounts.
Many slides contain K numbers.
Many slides contain USDE numbers.
Some slides may have collection numbers, for example G41917.
John Cubito, Herb Spiselman and E. Javorsky also credited as photographers.
- American Museum of Natural History collections of gems and minerals photographic slides, circa 1970s
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.