Malcolm Arth photographic slide collection of Africa
Scope and Contents
Photographs taken in Africa, mostly West and North Africa. 628. Ibalan, Nigeria, Ishango, Kendu Bay, Kenya, Lake Mawyarh Park, Ikeagwu, Bozo Fishing village Mopti, Mali, Lake Manyara Park, Serengeti, Tanzania, Ngorongoro Crater, Kenya. 629. Ikeagwu, Nigeria, Morocco. 630. Rabat, Morocco, Lixus, Nsukka, Ikeagwu, Senegal, Ghana. 631. Nigeria, Dogon, Mali, Liberia, Monrovia, Lagos, Asaha, Ikeagwu. 632. Senegal, Masai man, Nairobi, Kenya, Ikeagwu, Bukobo, Tanzania, Rabat, Morocco.
- circa 1970s
- Arth, Malcolm, 1939-1992 (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1794 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
2.5 Linear Feet (5 boxes )
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 fair; many slides are discolored and some slides are faded; some mounts are discolored
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Department of Education, November 1995.
Malcolm Arth was the AMNH Department of Education Director.
Some slides have captions. Place names taken from box labels and captions.
- Malcolm Arth photographic slide collection of Africa, circa 1970s
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.