Edward M. Weyer photographic slide collection
Scope and Contents
Photographic slides removed from larger Weyer collection. 649. Eskimos, Aleuts, History of the Arctic, maps, explorers, costumes, ceremonies and animals. Also includes portraits of V. Stefansson and Evelyn Stefansson, Knud Rasmussen, Hans Edege, Sir John Franklin, and Robert Peary. Photographs for Man in the Arctic, the Northeast Passage, Peary controversy, and Greenland after the Norse. 650. Dogs, sledding, hunting and eating, Eskimos and butchering, skins. North Greenland: making boots, chewing skins, dwelling, people, plants, landscape, dog shoes, bird catching. Pole shift experiment with bowling ball. 651. Eskimo art, Mexico archeology, Chiapas and Yucatan, Camayuran Indian, Xingu region, Brazil, South Africa, Rock painting, New Guinea, and Borneo.
- Weyer, Edward Moffat, 1904-1998 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1115 Photographic Slides : color ; 35
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes )
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 fair; some slides are fading; trays for glass mounted slides are caving; non-archival tape used
All slides have captions.
Many slides have glass mounts.
Includes field photographs.
Evelyn Stefansson also credited as photographer.
- Edward M. Weyer photographic slide collection, undated
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA