Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
George Newbold Lawrence correspondence
Identifier: Mss .L39
Scope and Contents The George Newbold Lawrence Correspondence collection consists almost completely of handwritten, signed letters received by Lawrence from other ornithologists and naturalists from the United States and Europe discussing the classification of birds and the exchange of bird skins. Some of the folders contain drafts or copies of Lawrence's replies. While there is a small number of official letters from institutions, almost all of the letters are from individuals. In addition to 228 documents...
Dates: 1847-1894; Majority of material found within 1865-1894
Memorandum : : Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum, to Dr. F.W. True, 1901 May 8.
Identifier: Mss .S74
Photographs of the printing process (Franklin Press)
Identifier: PPC .S657
Scope and Contents
"Six misc. shots on printing process including two photos from the Smithsonian Institution, when it was called the National Museum, of a Franklin Press."
O. A. Stevens papers and correspondence
Identifier: Mss .S748
Scope and Contents The items in this collection reflect Stevens’ academic correspondence between the years of 1909 and 1959. The majority of the topics center on his collection of bee and wasp specimens, their proper naming, and their research value to other amateur and professional entomologists. Some correspondence also touches on his botanical and ornithological pursuits, including several letters between Myron H. Swenk, Stevens’ long time correspondent and co-author of the highly regarded paper entitled...
Dates: 1909-1959; Majority of material found within 1920-1940
- Manuscript Collection 3
- Bees -- North Dakota -- Classification 1
- Birds -- Classification 1
- Birds -- Collection and preservation 1
- Entomologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Entomology -- North America 1
- Green turtle -- Morphology. 1
- Hawksbill turtle -- Morphology. 1
- Insects -- North Dakota -- Classification 1
- Museum curators -- Washington (D.C.) -- Correspondence. 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithology -- United States 1
- Photographic Print Collection 1
- Sea turtles -- Morphology. 1
- Wasps -- North Dakota -- Classification 1
- Zoologists -- Washington (D.C.) -- Correspondence. 1 ∧ less