1931 - 1952
The hall occupied the corner Southeast Pavilion, where the Marine Reptiles of Fossil Reptiles, Amphibians, and Fishes were exhibited before moving to a smaller corridor between the Osborn Hall of the Age of Mammals and the Hall of Dinosaurs. The hall was under rearrangement starting approximately 1927-1928 (1, 1928, p. 90). When it reopened with specimens from the Central Asiatic Expeditions in 1931, it was still referred to as Marine Reptiles. The Bashford Dean Memorial Exhibit of Fishes was located in the Southeast tower off of the Hall of Mongolian Vertebrates (1, 1931, p. 111; 1, 1947, p. 108-116; 1, 1949, p. 19).
The Hall of Mongolian Vertebrates featured famous fossils including Protoceratops and its eggs, Andrewsarchus, and Baluchitherium. A life-size relief of Baluchitherium was modeled on the wall. (1, 1934, p. 45). Many of the specimens were moved to other fossil halls after 1949 and remain on display as of 2017.
Content negotiation supports the following types: