Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: DR 001
An autobiography, with a historical sketch of the founding and early development of the American Museum of Natural History : [microform] / by Albert S. Bickmore.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #8
Identifier: Mss .B5351- .B5358
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, manuscripts, reports, newspaper clippings and photocopies of journal articles, photographs of Bickmore, and one drawing. The bulk of Bickmore's papers (32 boxes) consists of correspondence, mostly typewritten, relating to his work as superintendent of the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) and curator of the Dept. of Public Education. Additional material consists of handwritten diaries from Bickmore's travels; the typescript of his...
Identifier: DR 002-004
Early chapters from Jean Le Corbeiller's text for the pictorial history of the American Museum of Natural History.
Identifier: Mss .L43
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #46
Identifier: Mss .H681-.H682
Identifier: DR 088-089
Scope and Contents The Lerner Marine Laboratory (LML) collection at the American Museum of Natural History contains documents, photographs, and clippings documenting the history of the lab from 1947-1977. Important elements of the collection include correspondence to and from key staff members; files on conferences, symposiums, meetings, and ceremonies; information about financial contributors; general paperwork; photographs of the lab, employees, and visitors; publicity documents and correspondence regarding...
Identifier: DR 125-125A
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of administrative papers from the years 1959-1969 when Oliver was director of the AMNH. The files were arranged arranged alphabetically by subject, most likely by Oliver's secretary, and have been kept in their original order. A typewritten Guide to the file cabinet was found in box 1. Some miscellaneous files from the last box were interfiled. Most of the material is typewritten or printed matter, but there is a handwritten signed letter from explorer Roy...
- Subject: Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History X
- American Museum of Natural History 9
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Geology and Paleontology 2
- Bickmore, Albert S. (Albert Smith), 1839-1914 2
- Oliver, James A. (James Arthur), 1914-1981 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Education 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Herpetology 1
- Breen, Ann 1
- Decker, George 1
- Gratacap, L. P. (Louis Pope), 1851-1917 1
- Hovey, Edmund Otis, 1862-1924 1
- Lerner Marine Laboratory 1
- Lerner, Michael, 1890-1978 1
- Mathewson, Robert F. 1
- Nicholson, Thomas D. 1
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 1
- Parr, Albert Eide, 1900-1991 1
- Rozen, Jerome George, 1928- 1
- Stout, Gardner D. 1
- Tyler, James C., 1935- 1
- Wodinsky, Jerome 1 ∧ less