Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: PSC 6
Abstract Field photographs of Southwestern Native Americans.
Identifier: PSC 653
Scope and Contents Repatriation items photographed for Elaine Guthrie. Mostly Blackfoot Sun Dance objects, one San Carlos Apache cap.
Identifier: Film Collection no. 22
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH-Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest, 1927. The AMNH Woodcraft Indian trip was led by Ernest Thompson Seton, the author, and George Clyde Fisher (AMNH curator of visual instruction). The film depicts a variety of dances (the buffalo, hood, war, eagle, corn, deer and snowbird) performed by Indians of the Tesuque, Taos, Acoma and Santa Clara Pueblos. Fisher also filmed other activities of the local people during the trip, most notably an intertribal ceremony in Gallup,...
Identifier: PSC 49
Scope and Contents Photographs taken of Southwest Indians by Jack Breed. Images of Southwest Indians in Grand Canyon. Includes portraits of Havasupai and Navajo Indians, medicine men setting casts, Navajo weaving a rug and sandpainting, and finished jewelry and utensils.
Identifier: PSC 42
Scope and Contents Slides of face painting designs collected by Carl Lumholtz.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #35
Identifier: PSC 93
Abstract Slides of Southwest and Mexican sarapes and rugs (K12601-K15432). Also includes prehistoric Southwest basket and pot sherds, some impressed with textiles and sandal markings.
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Southwest, New X
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 3
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Anthropology 1
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 1
- Breed, Jack 1
- Chesek, Craig 1
- Hyde Exploring Expedition 1
- Hyde, B. T. B. (Benjamin Talbot Babbitt), d. 1933 1
- Lumholtz, Carl, 1851-1922 1
- Pepper, George H. (George Hubbard), 1873-1924 1
- Seton, Ernest Thompson, 1860-1946 1
- Wetherill, Richard, 1858-1910 1
- Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest of the American Museum of Natural History (1927) 1 ∧ less