Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 29
Identifier: PSC 6
Abstract Field photographs of Southwestern Native Americans.
Identifier: PSC 653
Scope and Contents Repatriation items photographed for Elaine Guthrie. Mostly Blackfoot Sun Dance objects, one San Carlos Apache cap.
Identifier: PPC .B63
Scope and Content Note The Franz Boas Photo Collection consists mainly of photographs of Northwest Coast Natives from the Jesup North Pacific Expedition: 1897-1902, sponsored by AMNH, and the Boas Expedition to Northwest Territories in 1894. There was no original order within this collection and most of the collection is stamped with the marking, “From the Boas Collection 43.” Many other sources besides Boas contributed to this collection, including the British Columbia Provincial Museum, the Field Museum of Chicago,...
Identifier: Film Collection no. 22
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH-Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest, 1927. The AMNH Woodcraft Indian trip was led by Ernest Thompson Seton, the author, and George Clyde Fisher (AMNH curator of visual instruction). The film depicts a variety of dances (the buffalo, hood, war, eagle, corn, deer and snowbird) performed by Indians of the Tesuque, Taos, Acoma and Santa Clara Pueblos. Fisher also filmed other activities of the local people during the trip, most notably an intertribal ceremony in Gallup,...
Catalogue of American antiquities collected by Dr. Edwin H. Davis : purchased by the American Museum of Natural History, New York, 1874. [microform]
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #12
Catalogue of casts representing one hundred specimens of antiques found in the mounds of the West : originals collected E.H. Davis. [microform]
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #13
Identifier: PSC 135
Scope and Contents Field photographs consisting mostly of reptiles, amphibians including frogs, toads, turtles, snakes, salamanders and lizards. Collection also includes photographs of California Indians.
Identifier: PSC 112
Abstract Field photographs of Native Americans of Alaska, including children, a grave house and fishing.
Identifier: PSC 36
Abstract Slides of Inuit maps of Hudson Bay area collected by James Mutch, 1900-1905. The territory covered extends from west of Amadjuake, on the south side of Baffin Island east to Resolution Island and up the coast, Frobisher Bay, Cumberland Sound up to the vicinity of Cape Broughton. Maps and place names by Atchera tow ya, Eyew, Kugarlin, Kooky Emegen, Nicheling Amakjwak, Kookjwak, Etoo, E noo yak, En noo ya and Meliki. Also includes images of artifacts, sculptures and figures some of which are...
- Subject: Indians of North America X
- American Museum of Natural History 10
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 8
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Anthropology 4
- Chesek, Craig 4
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 3
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942 3
- Davis, E. H. (Edwin Hamilton), 1811-1888 2
- Finnin, Denis 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Exhibition 1
- Bauer, O. 1
- Beals, Jessie Tarbox 1
- Bogert, Charles M. (Charles Mitchill), 1908-1992 1
- Breed, Jack 1
- Comer, George 1
- Crocker Land Expedition (1913-1917) 1
- Crummett, Michael, 1948- 1
- Curtis, Edward S., 1868-1952 1
- Emmons, George Thornton 1
- Glass, Aaron 1
- Hyde Exploring Expedition 1
- Hyde, B. T. B. (Benjamin Talbot Babbitt), d. 1933 1
- Jesup North Pacific Expedition (1897-1902) 1
- K. Perkins 1
- King, Charles Bird, 1785-1862 1
- Lumholtz, Carl, 1851-1922 1
- Newcombe, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1851-1924 1
- Pepper, George H. (George Hubbard), 1873-1924 1
- Rabito-Wyppensenwah, Philip 1
- Seton, Ernest Thompson, 1860-1946 1
- Seymour, Samuel, active 1797-1822 1
- Teit, James Alexander, 1864-1922 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers 1
- Wetherill, Richard, 1858-1910 1
- Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest of the American Museum of Natural History (1927) 1 ∧ less