Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Identifier: DR 041-044
Scope and content Papers related to the American Museum of Natural History's Centennial Celebration, held April 9, 1969: development, research, financial records and correspondence, press kits, convocation materials, and files of Garnder Stout, President of the Museum at the time of the Centennial Celebration. Also includes entries for the "Windows on the World" essay contest submitted by elementary and college students.
Identifier: DR 050
Scope and content Public outreach programs and popular lectures.
Identifier: DR 049
Scope and content Children's letters and responses.
Identifier: DR 052
Scope and Contents Correspondence from children, 1908-1911 and one scrapbook from the 1950s.
Identifier: DR 053
Scope and content Color photographs in three-ring binder documenting Hospital and Special Schools Program visits. Includes 35mm slides in sleeves.
Identifier: DR 080
Scope and Contents The Department of Forestry and General Botany papers pertain to the planning, construction, and exhibit design of the Landscape and North American Forest Halls and the planning of the Botany Hall. Most material concerns the planning for exhibit design, construction, and costs as well as notes, edits, and sketches concerning particular exhibits. There is correspondence with outside institutions such as the United States Department of the Interior and the National Park Service regarding exhibit...
Identifier: DR 094
Scope and Content This collection contains documents used in the planning, preparation and construction of exhibits for the Hall of North American Forests. The material relates largely to the financial aspects of exhibit construction. The contents of the box are organized into 30 folders, which were originally separate tabs in a ring-binder. The first folder relates to the hall in general, and includes an index of exhibits, a list of funds from the Department of Conservation and General Ecology, progress...
Identifier: DR 091
Scope and Content Note The Jesup Wood Hall Papers consist of departmental correspondence regarding the acquisition, preparation, exhibition, and research of North American woods. Also present are department records of maintenance scheduled and conducted, plans for future acquisitions, and financial records including pricing on wood specimens obtained, departmental salaries, artistic services, exhibit budgets and estimates. The majority of material is correspondence, but advertisements and brochures, handwritten lists...
Identifier: Mss .K35
Scope and Content note This collection contains a wide variety of documents related to the Museum’s acquisition and operation of the Kalbfleisch Field Research Station in Huntington, Long Island, which span from 1937, when Ms. Kalbfleisch began pursuing her wish to bequeath the estate, through 1982 when the Museum finally sold the property. The collection provides a comprehensive history of the Station by featuring information related to all aspects of its existence, including: correspondence, memos, legal...
- Subject: Education X
- American Museum of Natural History 5
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Education 5
- American Museum of Natural History. Felix M.Warburg Memorial Hall 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of North American Forests 2
- McCormick, Jack 2
- Moses, Robert, 1888-1981 2
- Parr, Albert Eide, 1900-1991 2
- Pough, Richard H. (Richard Hooper), 1904-2003 2
- United States. National Park Service 2
- Adams, Charles C. (Charles Christopher), 1873-1955 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Exhibition 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 1
- Bickmore, Albert S. (Albert Smith), 1839-1914 1
- Buell, Murray F. (Murray Fife), 1905- 1
- Gardiner, Henry, 1916- 1
- Kalbfleisch Field Research Station 1
- Lanyon, Wesley E. 1
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 1
- Reekie, Gordon 1
- Seidel, Alexander 1
- Stout, Gardner D. 1
- Svenson, Henry K. 1
- Whittaker, Robert H. (Robert Harding), 1920-1980 1
- Wiley, Farida A. (Farida Anna) 1
- Witteborg, Lothar P., 1927- 1 ∧ less