Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: Mss .A89
Scope and Contents A portion of this collection consists of alphabetized correspondence between Dr. Atz and various professionals and organizations. Most of the letters are either personal in nature or related to research projects. There are also a number of publications, including articles, reprints, and journals. There are boxes dedicated to certain areas of research including oral brooding in cichlids, and one box of research-related items organized by species type. The material in the collection ranges...
Identifier: DR 080
Scope and Contents The Department of Forestry and General Botany papers pertain to the planning, construction, and exhibit design of the Landscape and North American Forest Halls and the planning of the Botany Hall. Most material concerns the planning for exhibit design, construction, and costs as well as notes, edits, and sketches concerning particular exhibits. There is correspondence with outside institutions such as the United States Department of the Interior and the National Park Service regarding exhibit...
Identifier: DR 094
Scope and Content This collection contains documents used in the planning, preparation and construction of exhibits for the Hall of North American Forests. The material relates largely to the financial aspects of exhibit construction. The contents of the box are organized into 30 folders, which were originally separate tabs in a ring-binder. The first folder relates to the hall in general, and includes an index of exhibits, a list of funds from the Department of Conservation and General Ecology, progress...
Identifier: DR 091
Scope and Content Note The Jesup Wood Hall Papers consist of departmental correspondence regarding the acquisition, preparation, exhibition, and research of North American woods. Also present are department records of maintenance scheduled and conducted, plans for future acquisitions, and financial records including pricing on wood specimens obtained, departmental salaries, artistic services, exhibit budgets and estimates. The majority of material is correspondence, but advertisements and brochures, handwritten lists...
Identifier: Film Collection no. 25
Scope and Contents SEGMENT 1: Trip Through Space. Man in space and what he would find on a journey through the universe is the topic of this first segment. Frank H. Forrester and Joseph M. Chamberlain, astronomers at the AMNH-Hayden Planetarium, are introduced alongside the Zeiss projector at the planetarium. With the help of film and rear-view projectors the audience is shown planets and stars while Chamberlain discusses verified scientific facts about space travel. SEGMENT 2: Life in a Garden. Richard H. Pough,...
Identifier: Mss .U53
- Subject: Ecology X
- American Museum of Natural History 3
- Pough, Richard H. (Richard Hooper), 1904-2003 3
- American Museum of Natural History. Felix M.Warburg Memorial Hall 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of North American Forests 2
- McCormick, Jack 2
- Parr, Albert Eide, 1900-1991 2
- United States. National Park Service 2
- Adams, Charles C. (Charles Christopher), 1873-1955 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Exhibition 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ichthyology 1
- Atz, James W. 1
- Buell, Murray F. (Murray Fife), 1905- 1
- CBS/AMNH Adventure Series (1953-1956) 1
- Chamberlain, Joseph Miles 1
- Clark, Eugenie 1
- Columbia Broadcasting System, inc. 1
- Forrester, Frank H. 1
- Gardiner, Henry, 1916- 1
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 1
- Reekie, Gordon 1
- Seidel, Alexander 1
- Smith, J. L. B. (James Leonard Brierley), 1897-1968 1
- Svenson, Henry K. 1
- Whittaker, Robert H. (Robert Harding), 1920-1980 1
- Wiley, Farida A. (Farida Anna) 1
- Witteborg, Lothar P., 1927- 1 ∧ less