Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: VPA 16b
Scope and Contents Barnum Brown's papers, manuscripts, reports and analyses, some published.
Identifier: VPA 16a
Scope and Contents Barnum Brown worked in nearly every geographical area of the world from the Arctic to the Antarctic, collecting specimens for the AMNH. He became famous for such specimens as Tyrannosaurus rex, Colossochelys atlas, and Probosuchus. Organized by the following subject arrangement: Personal, Correspondence, Expeditions, Scientific Writings, Mrs. Marion and Mrs. Lilian Brown, Dinosaur Materials. Includes 9 oversize packages including photos and scrapbooks. Includes field notes.
Identifier: VPA 1
Scope and Contents Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence from 1887-1966, alphabetized by subject or author. Names preceded with an asterisk also have individual index cards with additional details. Hundreds of scientists worldwide are represented by correspondence and include Alexander Agassiz, Glover M. Allen, Florentino Ameghino, Erwin H. Barbour, Franz Boas, Stephen F. Borhegyi, Robert Broom, Barnum Brown, Hermon C. Bumpus, Edwin H. Colbert, Thomas Alva Edison, Childs Frick, Walter Granger,...
Identifier: VPA 55
Scope and Contents Mounted photos of specimens which have been filed according to Romer's Vertebrate Paleontology 3rd ed. A chart of the classification used is in the first drawer. The photos are identified by name and negative number, and also where applicable and known, the AMNH specimen number. Housed in two filing cabinents, four drawers of 1st cabinet and 1 1/2 drawer of 2nd cabinet (numbered 1-6). Additionally there are mounted photos in the second half of drawer 6 and drawer 7 filed under the following...
Identifier: VPA 22
Scope and Contents Childs Frick Laboratory correspondence and publications, includes mounted original photos, maps, line drawings, and artwork.
Identifier: VPA 39
Scope and Contents Henry Fairfield Osborn's correspondence, newspaper clippings, photos, maps and drawings pertaining to various projects over the course of his career.
American Museum of Natural History, Division of Paleontology records of expeditions, collections, purchases, gifts, and specimen lists
Identifier: VPA 43
Scope and Contents The Harold James Cook Memorial Collection of Fossil Mammals consists of photocopies of the Barbour-Cook correspondence from the letters at the University of Nebraska Archives and original correspondence and shipping lists with Morris F. Skinner who prepared the collection for shipping to AMNH. Also includes the John Collins Warren papers. Listings were made of various collections in the AMNH which were acquired through purchase or on expeditions of the Museum itself. The lists give dates,...
- Repository: Department of Vertebrate Paleontology Archives X
- Field notes 3
- Administrative 1
- Dinosaurs 1
- Fossils 1
- Fossils -- Catalogs and collections 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 3
- Brown, Barnum 3
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 2
- Agassiz, Alexander, 1835-1910 1
- Allen, Glover M. (Glover Morrill), 1879-1942 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Division of Paleontology 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Frick Laboratories 1
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942 1
- Brown, Lilian MacLaughlin 1
- Brown, Marion 1
- Callaghan, Eugene, 1904-1990 1
- Colbert, Edwin H. (Edwin Harris), 1905-2001 1
- Cook, Harold J. (Harold James), 1887-1962 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Granger, Walter, 1872-1941 1
- Hornaday, William T. (William Temple), 1854-1937 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- Kunz, George Frederick, 1856-1932 1
- Merriam, J. C. (John Clark), 1829- 1
- Morris, Frederick K. (Frederick Kuhne), 1886 1
- Schaeffer, Bobb, 1913-2004 1
- Simpson, George Gaylord, 1902-1984 1
- Skinner, Morris F. 1
- Warren, John Collins, 1778-1856 1
- Wortman, J. L. (Jacob Lawson), 1856-1926 1 ∧ less