Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: Archives Orn201
Scope and Contents 1 field notebook.
Found in: Department of Ornithology Archives
American Museum of Natural History, Department of Preparation and Installation: Diorama and Hall construction
Identifier: DR 104
Scope and Content Note This collection spans the planning and development of the Department of Preparations for the dioramas of the various halls. These folders detail the requests and expenditures for the efforts made in travel, models, and sketches. The majority of the correspondence is directed from or to James L. Clark, the Director of the Department of Preparations between the 1930’s-1940’s. Much of the correspondence from James Lippit Clark, is directed to trackers, guides, taxidermists, donors, and designers. ...
Identifier: PPC .G75
Scope and Contents The purpose of this expedition was to collect rapidly disappearing mammals from Australia and Tasmania. These photos document some of the indigenous mammals found there.
Identifier: Mss .G7441
Scope and Contents The collection consists of administrative, scientific, academic and personal papers, and correspondence. Papers include Gregory's general correspondence with universities, colleges and scientists about his research topics and publications; correspondence with museums about purchasing replicas of fossils; and with students seeking employement. Other papers include lecture notes prepared for zoology classes emphasizing evolution, 1925-1926 and 1939; and manuscripts and notes for his publications:...
Identifier: PPC .R38
Scope and Contents Meshie the gorilla at three years old from December, 1932.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #30
Identifier: Mss .R38
Scope and Contents The items in this collection reflect much of Henry Cushier Raven’s species data research from approximately 1920-1944. The collection consists of handwritten and typed notes and research; hand-drawn illustrations of animals and their dissections; photographs of specimens and expedition sites; and manuscript drafts associated with his various essays, articles, and scholarly publications. Research and illustrations on various whale species, land mammals, and Raven’s data from his Australia/ New...
Identifier: Film Collection no. 38
Scope and Contents SEGMENT 1: The Chavantes of Mato Grosso. Edward Moffat Weyer, editor of Natural History magazine and the first non-Indian to visit the Chavante (i.e. Shavante) Indians, presents rare photographic images and observations of the Chavantes who live in the Xingu River region of Brazil. Weyer also discusses his visit to the Kamaiura Indians of Mato Grosso. SEGMENT 2: Field Work: Snakes. Robert Northshield, host, observes Charles M. Bogert, chairman of the Department of Amphibians and Reptiles at the...
Identifier: NNC .M36 V47
Content Description 914 images taken by Henry Raven durning the Vernay Hopwood Chindwin Expedition 1934-1935.
- Names: Raven, Henry Cushier, 1889-1944 X
- Research Library Special Collections 8
- Department of Ornithology Archives 1
- Manuscript Collection 2
- Photographic Print Collection 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 1
- Anatomists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Animals -- Classification 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Australia -- Description and travel. 1
- Chimpanzees -- Behavior 1
- Chimpanzees -- Training 1
- Construction 1
- Department Records 1
- Field notes 1
- Film Collection 1
- Fishes -- Anatomy. 1
- Fishes -- Evolution. 1
- Gorilla -- Anatomy. 1
- Ichthyologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Kamaiurá Indians -- Brazil -- Mato Grosso (State) 1
- Mammals -- Anatomy. 1
- Mammals -- Evolution. 1
- Meshie (Chimpanzee) 1
- Moving Images 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence. 1
- Natural history museum curators 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- New Zealand -- Description and travel. 1
- Ontogeny. 1
- Paleontologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontology -- Research -- History. 1
- Primates -- Evolution. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Australia. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Burma 1
- Snakes 1
- Transvaal (South Africa) -- Description and travel. 1
- Vertebrates, Fossil 1
- Xavante Indians -- Brazil 1 ∧ less