Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: PPC .L88
Scope and Contents Ultraviolet photographs of flowers and butterflies.
Identifier: PPC .L882
Scope and Contents Field photographs of Cuba, including landscapes, people, and buildings.
Identifier: PPC .L881
Scope and Contents Travel photographs of Western USA, including Colorado, Idaho, Utah.
Identifier: Mss .G7441
Scope and Contents The collection consists of administrative, scientific, academic and personal papers, and correspondence. Papers include Gregory's general correspondence with universities, colleges and scientists about his research topics and publications; correspondence with museums about purchasing replicas of fossils; and with students seeking employement. Other papers include lecture notes prepared for zoology classes emphasizing evolution, 1925-1926 and 1939; and manuscripts and notes for his publications:...
Identifier: Mss .A43
Identifier: Mss .L88
Scope and content The collection consists of two boxes of handwritten notes and notebooks, typescripts, correspondence and publications, with accompanying photoprints, most relating to Lutz's research, with a few personal items. Box 2 contains three 78 rpm recordings of insect and frog sounds. The bulk of the research notes involve Lutz's work on insect sounds, primarily those of grasshoppers and crickets, with some of bees and frogs; and of his experiments with ultraviolet patterns in butterflies. Most of this...
- Names: Lutz, Frank Eugene, 1879-1943 X
- Manuscript Collection 3
- Photographic Print Collection 3
- Entomologists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence. 2
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 2
- Animals -- Classification 1
- Australia -- Description and travel. 1
- Fishes -- Anatomy. 1
- Fishes -- Evolution. 1
- Ichthyologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Mammals -- Evolution. 1
- New Zealand -- Description and travel. 1
- Ontogeny. 1
- Paleontologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontology -- Research -- History. 1
- Primates -- Evolution. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Australia. 1
- Transvaal (South Africa) -- Description and travel. 1
- Vertebrates, Fossil 1 ∧ less