Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Identifier: Mss .B67
Identifier: PPC .C76
Scope and Content Note This collection is a small subset of copies of prints from the larger Photographic Collection no. 14 – Crocker Land Expedition field photographs. The photographs in this collection are individually sleeved and arranged in four series. Folder 1 consists of 4 photographs that were taken prior to departure for the Arctic and include images of the S.S. “Diana” in the Brooklyn Navy Yard and group portraits of the expedition team.Folder 2 is divided into two sets. The first...
Identifier: PPC .H6833
Scope and Contents Includes field photographs of Oceania. Photographs are collected in albums, and include captions and negative numbers.
Identifier: PPC .H6836
Scope and Contents Photographs of Bisbee, Arizona used in building the mine model. Includes photographs of Bisbee and surrounding area, mining facilities, as well as Hovey with wife and associates. There is a partial inventory list with captions.
Identifier: PPC .H6831
Scope and Contents Includes field photographs of Mexico and Arizona. Photographs are collected in albums with captions and negative numbers.
Identifier: PPC .H6839
Scope and Contents Includes field photographs of Panama, mounted on file cards. From the Canal construction, to people, houses, streets, and the European laborers quarters. Negative numbers are included.
Identifier: PPC .H6838
Scope and Contents Bulk of collection consists of prints attributed to E.O. Hovey. Prints may have been part of Hovey's private collection. Subject matter ranges from underground caves (Chihuahua), meteors, volcanoes (Kilauea) and interior shots of various museum exhibitions. Includes some contact sheets and captions on the back.
Identifier: PPC .H6834
Scope and Contents Postcards from various locales.
Identifier: PPC .H6837
Scope and Contents Edmund Otis Hovey's notes regarding photographs he took on trips between 1891-1915. Includes a Kodak memo book, expense register for trips between 1891-1892, field label notebook, as well as correspondence files.
Identifier: PPC .H6835
Scope and Contents Includes field photographs. Images of the volcano, guides, and Hovey's camp.
- Names: Hovey, Edmund Otis, 1862-1924 X
- Photographic Print Collection 12
- Manuscript Collection 3
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration 2
- Caves -- Virginia -- Luray 2
- Scientific expeditions -- Arctic regions 2
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- American. 1
- Caves -- United States. 1
- Department Records 1
- Earthquakes. 1
- Explorers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Geologists -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Greenland 1
- Inuit -- Canada, Northern 1
- Inuit -- Greenland 1
- Invertebrates, Fossil -- Collection and preservation. 1
- Invertebrates, Fossil -- Identification. 1
- Meteorites 1
- Meteorites -- Oregon 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- United states. 1
- Museums and motion pictures 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- North Pole -- Discovery and exploration -- American. 1
- North Star Bay (Greenland) 1
- Paleontology -- Methodology. 1
- Pelée, Mount (Martinique) -- Eruption, 1902. 1
- Pelée, Mount (Martinique) -- Eruption, 1902 1
- Rocks -- Collection and preservation. 1
- Rocks -- Identification. 1
- Saint-Pierre (Martinique) 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Earthquake, 1906. 1
- San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Calif., 1906 1
- Silent films 1
- Soufrière (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) -- Eruption, 1902. 1
- Soufrière (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) 1
- Volcanoes 1
- Willamette meteorite. 1 ∧ less