Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 51
Identifier: PSC 26
Abstract Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Identifier: PSC 157B
Scope and Contents Views of the temporary exhibition Amazon Portrait: Indios e Caboclos, held at the American Museum of Natural History. The exhibition displayed 50 photographs capturing the centuries-old lifestyle of the Amazon's Tapirapé Indians, highlighting the work of Charles Wagley.
Identifier: PSC 50-51
Abstract Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
American Museum of Natural History 50th Anniversary of the Whitney building photographic slides, 1986.
Identifier: PSC 85D
Abstract Views of the temporary exhibition held for the American Museum of Natural History's 50th anniversary of the Whitney Building. Includes displays with wall texts and exhibit preparation.
Identifier: PSC 29
Abstract Slides from the AMNH Hall of Extinct Mammals and other exhibits in the dinosaur halls under construction.
Identifier: PSC 15
Scope and Contents Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
Identifier: PSC 526D
Abstract Studio photographs of electric catfish of African variety.
Identifier: PSC 46
Scope and Contents Slides of fine art sculptures and paintings held in the American Museum of Natural History. Artwork includes Andy Warhol "Endangered Species" (1983) silkscreens, De Lazslo portrait (1908) of Theodore Roosevelt, Roy Chapman Andrews portrait by Charles Arthur Rose (1937), Williams C. Whitney bust"Moquin Prayer for Rain" sculpture by H. A. MacNeill"Theodore Roosevelt as a Rough Rider" by Frederick MacMonnies, portraits of Childs Frick, Morris K. Jesup and others. Three watercolors by Louis Agassiz...
Identifier: PSC 627C
Scope and Contents Studio photographs of gem and mineral specimens.
Identifier: PSC 317
Scope and Contents Photographs of the Barosaurus mount in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. Includes images under construction and after construction.
- Names: Finnin, Denis X
- Photographic Slide Collection 50
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 34
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 3
- Scientists -- Portraits 2
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Animals -- Pictorial works 1
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mammals -- Exhibitions 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- Exhibitions 1
- Minerals 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Watercolor painting 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less