Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: Art Survey No. 622
Scope and Contents Portrait bust of Albert Bickmore, AMNH founder and museum educator. Inscription: Extensive on plaque.
Identifier: DR 140
Abstract Contains two letters from S.R. Stoddard, publisher of photographs, guide books, and art of the Adirondacks and northern New York State, to A.S. Bickmore. Letters contain lists of images that were requested by Bickmore for which publisher states he will provide negatives. Letters are annotated with locations and numbers. Bickmore may have used these images for lantern slide lectures.
An autobiography, with a historical sketch of the founding and early development of the American Museum of Natural History : [microform] / by Albert S. Bickmore.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #8
Identifier: PSC 48
Scope and Contents Slides for Nina J. Root's lecture titled "Architecture for Dinosaurs" 1992. Covers the American Museum of Natural History's first home in the Central Park Arsenal through the various reconstruction and restorations of the building and exhibit halls.
Identifier: Mss .B5351- .B5358
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, manuscripts, reports, newspaper clippings and photocopies of journal articles, photographs of Bickmore, and one drawing. The bulk of Bickmore's papers (32 boxes) consists of correspondence, mostly typewritten, relating to his work as superintendent of the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) and curator of the Dept. of Public Education. Additional material consists of handwritten diaries from Bickmore's travels; the typescript of his...
Identifier: PPC .P88
Scope and Contents Original photograph of the old Agassiz Museum building and a "letter-press description" of the Museum from 1907, with an accompanying letter signed by F.W. Putnam to Albert Bickmore dated Feb. 17, 1910 regarding the old Agassiz Museum building, from the Peabody Museum of Harvard University.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #70
Identifier: Mss .M43
Scope and Contents The collection consists entirely of photocopies of handwritten letters. The first letter, dated May 17, 1883, is from Albert S. Bickmore, founder and superintendent of the AMNH, concerning Mearns's proposed donation of a collection of birds. The second letter is from curator J.A. Allen, discussing details of the specimens. Other correspondents include James P. Chapin, Frank M. Chapman, L.P. Gratacap, C. Hart Merriam, Jenness Richardson and Anthony Woodward.
Identifier: PPC .N87
Scope and Contents Portraits of scientits that were used in the following publications: Origins and Development of North American Avian Biogeography, p. 392; Contributions to the History of North American Ornithology, pp.387-428.
Identifier: DR 047
Scope and Contents The archive is arranged in two boxes of 42 consecutively numbered folders, covering the years 1903-1908 (with one exception: a letter dated 1909 in folder 39). It comprises correspondence, administrative paperwork, and other documents regarding the following: (1) planning, scheduling, and ticketing for school and public lectures and for the development and delivery of circulating collections for classroom use; (2) correspondence and orders from the Department to...
- Names: Bickmore, Albert S. (Albert Smith), 1839-1914 X
- Archives Microfilm 2
- Department Records 2
- Manuscript Collection 2
- Photographic Print Collection 2
- Ainu 1
- Art Survey 1
- Audio-visual education -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Correspondence 1
- East Asia -- Description and travel 1
- Gilyaks. 1
- Indonesia -- Description and travel. 1
- Museum architecture -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Biography. 1
- Museums -- Educational aspects -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Natural history -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Natural history museums -- Educational aspects 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Natural history. 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Portraits 1
- Zoologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less