Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 43
Identifier: PSC 613F
Scope and Contents Views of the temporary exhibition, Africa: Exploration and Expedition, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998, Library Gallery. Includes rare books, artifacts, portraits, and maps as well as items from the Chapin Lang Congo Expedition 1909-1915. Curated by Roscoe Thompson, then Assistant Director of Library Services.
Identifier: PSC 26
Abstract Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Identifier: PSC 9
Abstract American Museum of Natural History Hall of African Peoples.
Identifier: PSC 50-51
Abstract Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
Identifier: PSC 33
Scope and Contents Consisting mostly of cut and uncut gems and minerals as well as some carvings, figures, and vases. Nearly all of the slides are captioned with detailed information about the type of stone and the place of origin.
Identifier: PSC 526C
Abstract Photographs of a fallen kiosk, knocked over by construction, in front of the AMNH.
Identifier: PSC 668D
Scope and Contents Photographs of calcite with I.D. tags.
Identifier: PSC 15
Scope and Contents Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
Identifier: PSC 526D
Abstract Studio photographs of electric catfish of African variety.
Identifier: PSC 46
Scope and Contents Slides of fine art sculptures and paintings held in the American Museum of Natural History. Artwork includes Andy Warhol "Endangered Species" (1983) silkscreens, De Lazslo portrait (1908) of Theodore Roosevelt, Roy Chapman Andrews portrait by Charles Arthur Rose (1937), Williams C. Whitney bust"Moquin Prayer for Rain" sculpture by H. A. MacNeill"Theodore Roosevelt as a Rough Rider" by Frederick MacMonnies, portraits of Childs Frick, Morris K. Jesup and others. Three watercolors by Louis Agassiz...
- Names: Beckett, J. (Jackie) X
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 25
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Ashanti (African people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Calcite 1
- Cree Indians 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Gems -- Photographs 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Minerals 1
- Minerals -- Photographs 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Moon 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Portraits 1
- Pottery, Prehistoric 1
- Sarapes -- Mexico 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Star trek (Television program) -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Watercolor painting 1
- Wildlife photography -- Competitions 1 ∧ less