Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #66
Identifier: DR 084
Scope and Contents Correspondence relative to the formation and organization of the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology. Correspondence between Morris K. Jesup, Henry Fairfield Osborn, C.O. Marsh, J.L. Wortman, J.B. Hatcher, O.A. Peterson, W.H. Utterback. Many letters from Volume II have been removed. Two volumes containing approximately 100 letters.
Identifier: VPA 1
Scope and Contents Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence from 1887-1966, alphabetized by subject or author. Names preceded with an asterisk also have individual index cards with additional details. Hundreds of scientists worldwide are represented by correspondence and include Alexander Agassiz, Glover M. Allen, Florentino Ameghino, Erwin H. Barbour, Franz Boas, Stephen F. Borhegyi, Robert Broom, Barnum Brown, Hermon C. Bumpus, Edwin H. Colbert, Thomas Alva Edison, Childs Frick, Walter Granger,...
Identifier: VPA 55
Scope and Contents Mounted photos of specimens which have been filed according to Romer's Vertebrate Paleontology 3rd ed. A chart of the classification used is in the first drawer. The photos are identified by name and negative number, and also where applicable and known, the AMNH specimen number. Housed in two filing cabinents, four drawers of 1st cabinet and 1 1/2 drawer of 2nd cabinet (numbered 1-6). Additionally there are mounted photos in the second half of drawer 6 and drawer 7 filed under the following...
Identifier: Mss .O835
American Museum of Natural History, Division of Paleontology records of expeditions, collections, purchases, gifts, and specimen lists
Identifier: VPA 43
Scope and Contents The Harold James Cook Memorial Collection of Fossil Mammals consists of photocopies of the Barbour-Cook correspondence from the letters at the University of Nebraska Archives and original correspondence and shipping lists with Morris F. Skinner who prepared the collection for shipping to AMNH. Also includes the John Collins Warren papers. Listings were made of various collections in the AMNH which were acquired through purchase or on expeditions of the Museum itself. The lists give dates,...
Identifier: PSC 95
Scope and Contents Slides of dinosaur illustrations and Frick Laboratory storage area with dinosaur fossils in the American Museum of Natural History, Department of Vertebrate Paleontology.
- Names: American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology X
- Research Library Special Collections 4
- Department of Vertebrate Paleontology Archives 3
- Field notes 2
- Administrative 1
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Department Records 1
- Evolution (Biology) -- History -- Sources. 1
- Evolution (Biology) -- Philosophy -- History -- Sources. 1
- Fossils -- Catalogs and collections 1
- Fossils -- Photographs 1
- Mammals -- Evolution. 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- North America. 1
- Mammals, Fossil. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence. 1
- Museum directors -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Ontogeny. 1
- Paleontologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontology -- Research -- History -- Sources. 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Saurischia. 1
- Scientists -- Correspondence 1
- Teeth, Fossil. 1 ∧ less