Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Identifier: Mss .A342-.A344
Identifier: DR 054
Scope and Contents This collection represents two years (1917-1919) during which the American Museum Relief Association, composed of women who worked at the American Museum of Natural History, was created, became active and was dissolved. The letters, statements and records reflect financial and fund raising practices, relationships with the Red Cross and activities of the various committees: the Knitting, Sewing, Paper, Soldiers' Aid, Suggestions and Surgical Dressing Committees and the Committee on Orphans.
Identifier: Mss .B5351- .B5358
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, manuscripts, reports, newspaper clippings and photocopies of journal articles, photographs of Bickmore, and one drawing. The bulk of Bickmore's papers (32 boxes) consists of correspondence, mostly typewritten, relating to his work as superintendent of the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) and curator of the Dept. of Public Education. Additional material consists of handwritten diaries from Bickmore's travels; the typescript of his...
Identifier: PSC 30
Abstract Slides from the African Studies Teacher Workshop from the AMNH Education Department. Several slides are captioned "Awa Lewa" and "Teacher's Course".
Identifier: DR 048
Scope and content Originals, in folders. Annual Reports. Includes information about the Photography Division. Contains some information about Lantern Slide Library.
Identifier: DR 050
Scope and content Public outreach programs and popular lectures.
Identifier: DR 049
Scope and content Children's letters and responses.
Identifier: DR 149
Scope and Contents Photographic and press materials related to Department of Education's Natural Science Center program. Includes scrapbooks of press clippings, albums of black and white photographs of educational exhibits and lab workshops, mounted photographs, some negatives and Kodachrome slides.
Identifier: DR 052
Scope and Contents Correspondence from children, 1908-1911 and one scrapbook from the 1950s.
Identifier: DR 053
Scope and content Color photographs in three-ring binder documenting Hospital and Special Schools Program visits. Includes 35mm slides in sleeves.
- Names: American Museum of Natural History. Department of Education X
- Department Records 9
- Photographic Slide Collection 7
- Education 5
- Manuscript Collection 3
- Museums -- Educational aspects 3
- Natural history museums -- Educational aspects 3
- Museums -- Educational aspects -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- African American students 1
- Ainu 1
- Annual reports 1
- East Asia -- Description and travel 1
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography 1
- Film Collection 1
- Gilyaks. 1
- India 1
- Indonesia -- Description and travel. 1
- Moving Images 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Biography. 1
- Museum directors -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence 1
- Museums -- Educational aspects -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Natural history -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Nature study -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Photographic Print Collection 1
- Public relations 1
- Sandpaintings 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Canada, Western. 1
- Travel photography 1
- Women explorers -- United States -- Biography 1 ∧ less