Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #14
Identifier: PSC 26
Abstract Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Identifier: PSC 96
Abstract Slides of every bark painting gifted to the American Museum of Natural History, Department of Anthropology (approximately 90).
Identifier: PSC 653
Scope and Contents Repatriation items photographed for Elaine Guthrie. Mostly Blackfoot Sun Dance objects, one San Carlos Apache cap.
Identifier: Mss .W445
Identifier: PSC 36
Abstract Slides of Inuit maps of Hudson Bay area collected by James Mutch, 1900-1905. The territory covered extends from west of Amadjuake, on the south side of Baffin Island east to Resolution Island and up the coast, Frobisher Bay, Cumberland Sound up to the vicinity of Cape Broughton. Maps and place names by Atchera tow ya, Eyew, Kugarlin, Kooky Emegen, Nicheling Amakjwak, Kookjwak, Etoo, E noo yak, En noo ya and Meliki. Also includes images of artifacts, sculptures and figures some of which are...
Identifier: PSC 664
Scope and Contents Studio photographs of Northern Mexican Indian artifacts taken by John Lilly. Artifacts from the AMNH Department of Anthropology collection. Objects refer to two publications: Memoirs of the American Museum of Natural History, Volume III: I-Symbolism of the Huichol Indians (by Carl Lumholtz, May 1900) and Arte Symbolico (AMNH Memoirs by the Instituto Nacional Indigenista).
Identifier: PSC 43
Abstract Images of include Indian map of upper and middle Missouri River, birchbark records, quilled buffalo robes, dancing dress with pictographs, Munsee basket, Hidatsa basket and other artifacts.
Identifier: PSC 64
Abstract Slides of Kwakiutl objects and Tlingit helmet. Objects include masks, paintings, and sculptures. One slide of the Haida War Canoe (Great Canoe).
Identifier: PSC 582
Abstract Studio photographs of African objects from Herbert Lang's collection of African objects in the AMNH Department of Anthropology. Artifacts from the Belgian Congo including ivory objects, figurines, gourds, barkcloths and calabash.
- Names: American Museum of Natural History. Department of Anthropology X
- Photographic Slide Collection 12
- Tankas (Tibetan scrolls) -- Photographs 2
- Aboriginal Australians 1
- Africans 1
- Anatomists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Anthropologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Anthropometry. 1
- Antiquities -- Catalogs. 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Bark painting -- Australia 1
- Brain -- Evolution. 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Antiquities 1
- Fossil hominids. 1
- Homo erectus. 1
- Huichol art 1
- Human beings -- Origin. 1
- Human evolution. 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- North America 1
- Nuka Hiva (French Polynesia) 1
- Paleoanthropology -- History -- Sources. 1
- Peking man 1
- Physical anthropology -- History -- Sources. 1
- Seminole Indians 1
- Skull -- Evolution. 1
- Solo man. 1
- Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Tuamotu Archipelago (French Polynesia) 1 ∧ less