Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Identifier: Mss .A342-.A344
Identifier: PSC 25
Scope and Contents Primarily images from the dioramas in the the AMNH Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals with some interior views of the hall. Includes some images of preparator refurbishing Cheetah Group inside the diorama, 1974. Also includes 5 duplicate slides of black and white photographs depicting Carl Akeley in the field, a group photograph and an illustration of the African Mammal Hall.
Identifier: Film Collection no. 24
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH Eastman-Pomeroy-Akeley East African Expedition, 1926. In the opening sequence, Carl Ethan Akeley (associate in the AMNH Department of Mammalogy, and associate curator and adviser in the AMNH Department of Preparation) watches artist William R. Leigh painting habitat studies for the background of the klipspringer group, one of the dioramas now in the museum's Akeley Hall of African Mammals. At the campsite, located in the Lukenia Hills 40 miles east of Nairobi, Leigh and...
Identifier: PPC .A4251
Scope and Contents Two portraits of Akeley and two photographs of flamingos in Africa.
Identifier: PPC .A4252
Scope and Contents Wrapped package containing portrait of Carl Akeley.
Identifier: Mss .G7441
Scope and Contents The collection consists of administrative, scientific, academic and personal papers, and correspondence. Papers include Gregory's general correspondence with universities, colleges and scientists about his research topics and publications; correspondence with museums about purchasing replicas of fossils; and with students seeking employement. Other papers include lecture notes prepared for zoology classes emphasizing evolution, 1925-1926 and 1939; and manuscripts and notes for his publications:...
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #76
Identifier: PPC .A426
Scope and Contents Field photographs taken by Mary Jobe and Carl Akeley which include the Akeley-Eastman-Pomeroy and other African expeditions, portraitures, and American Museum of Natural History lab views of Carl Akeley's taxidermy.
Identifier: PSC 583
Scope and Contents Possibly slides used for a presentation about Carl Akeley's grave restoration. Includes portraits of Carl Akeley, facts about his life, and the grave restoration.
Identifier: PPC .A382
Scope and Content note This is an unidentified collection of stereographs, the majority of them undated, of African landscape, villages, towns and people. The countries represented are Kenya, Egypt, Tanzania, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Uganda. Among the African peoples mentioned are the Buganda, Wanderobo, Kikuya, Taita, Masai, Lumbwa and Nandi.Most of the cards are labeled on the verso in the same hand. They are unsigned but identified by the initials V.S.K. A number of the cards describe interactions...
- Names: Akeley, Carl Ethan, 1864-1926 X
- Photographic Print Collection 5
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 3
- Art Survey 2
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography 2
- Manuscript Collection 2
- Photographic Slide Collection 2
- Scientific expeditions -- Canada, Western. 2
- Women explorers -- United States -- Biography 2
- Animals -- Classification 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Australia -- Description and travel. 1
- Diorama 1
- Egypt 1
- Film Collection 1
- Fishes -- Anatomy. 1
- Fishes -- Evolution. 1
- Gorilla 1
- Hornbills -- Africa, East 1
- Hunting -- Africa, East 1
- Ichthyologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Jungle animals -- Africa, East 1
- Kavirondo (African people) 1
- Kenya 1
- Kikuyu (African people) 1
- Lumbwa (Kenyan and Tanzanian people) 1
- Mammals 1
- Mammals -- Evolution. 1
- Masai (African people) 1
- Moving Images 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence. 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- Nandi (African people) 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- New Zealand -- Description and travel. 1
- Ontogeny. 1
- Paleontologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontology -- Research -- History. 1
- Primates -- Evolution. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Australia. 1
- Taita (African people) 1
- Tanzania 1
- Transvaal (South Africa) -- Description and travel. 1
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Vertebrates, Fossil 1
- Zoological specimens -- Collection and preservation 1 ∧ less