Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Central Asiatic Expeditions copy slides, 1966.
Identifier: PSC 164
Photographic copy slides made from the original hand-colored lantern slides. Field photographs from the Central Asiatic Expeditions (1921-1930). Images of Mongolian people and landscape, fossil beds where dinosaur eggs were found and scenes from traveling on land. Places include Mongolia, Tibet, China and Gobi Desert.
Central Asiatic Expeditions : maps, staff and transportation
Identifier: Film Collection no. 148
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. The film opens with animated maps tracing the routes of the expeditions. Members of the expedition staff are introduced as they work in the field: Roy Chapman Andrews, leader; Walter Granger, chief paleontologist; Albert Thomson, assistant paleontologist; Leslie Erskine Spock, geologist; Alonzo W. Pond, archaeologist; and Captain W. P. T. Hill, topographer. The next segment shows the problems the expedition...
The Central Asiatic Expeditions : Peking
Identifier: Film Collection no. 150
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. Film brought from the U.S. was intended for recording the expedition, but some precious film was used to photograph Peking (now Beijing), the site of the expedition's headquarters. Because of the need to conserve film, this film is choppy, but provides a record of the city in the 1920s. The varied modes of transport are shown: trolleys, ox carts, sedan chairs, rickshaws, camels, wheelbarrows, horsedrawn...
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #75
- Scientific expeditions -- Asia, Central 3
- Film Collection 2
- Moving Images 2
- Scientific expeditions -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China) 2
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Beijing (China) -- Description and travel 1
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography 1
- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China) -- Description and travel 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Alaska. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Asia. 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 3
- Central Asiatic Expeditions (1921-1930) 3
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 2
- Central Asiatic Expeditions Films (1921-1930) 2
- Shackelford, James B. 2