Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Film Collection no. 149
Scope and Contents
China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. The first sequence concentrates on daily life in a Mongol camp near Tsagan Nor (or White Lake). The camp is a complex of Mongolian tents (yurts) with men, sheep, and dogs milling about; yaks pull heavy logs; and a camel is being trained. The film moves to Urga (now Ulan Bator) where Khalka women with elaborate headresses are seen; a Mongol affected with gigantism enters the city and is photographed with Roy Chapman Andrews. The film then shifts back to the...
- Subject: Scientific
- Subject: Scientific expeditions
- Subject: Scientific expeditions -- Mongolia.
- Subject: Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) -- Description and travel
- Names: American Museum of Natural History
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections