Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Film Collection no. 148
Scope and Contents
Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. The film opens with animated maps tracing the routes of the expeditions. Members of the expedition staff are introduced as they work in the field: Roy Chapman Andrews, leader; Walter Granger, chief paleontologist; Albert Thomson, assistant paleontologist; Leslie Erskine Spock, geologist; Alonzo W. Pond, archaeologist; and Captain W. P. T. Hill, topographer. The next segment shows the problems the expedition...
- Subject: Scientific
- Subject: Moving Images
- Subject: Scientific expeditions -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China)
- Subject: Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China) -- Description and travel
- Subject: Scientific expeditions -- Asia, Central
- Names: American Museum of Natural History
- Names: Shackelford, James B.
- Repository: Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library