Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Film Collection no. 150
Scope and Contents
Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. Film brought from the U.S. was intended for recording the expedition, but some precious film was used to photograph Peking (now Beijing), the site of the expedition's headquarters. Because of the need to conserve film, this film is choppy, but provides a record of the city in the 1920s. The varied modes of transport are shown: trolleys, ox carts, sedan chairs, rickshaws, camels, wheelbarrows, horsedrawn...
- Subject: Scientific
- Subject: Moving Images
- Subject: Scientific expeditions -- Asia, Central
- Subject: Beijing (China) -- Description and travel
- Names: American Museum of Natural History
- Names: Shackelford, James B.
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections