Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: Archives Orn40
Scope and Contents
These are published records and notes that were accummulated subsequent to the publication of the relevant volumes of "Birds of the Belgian Congo." There are also records of bordering regions.
Dates: 1920s-1960s, undated
Found in: Department of Ornithology Archives
Identifier: Mss .C4537
Scope and content The collection consists of letters, handwritten and typwritten, to and from Chapin, mostly concerning his upcoming trip and work. The letters are arranged in alphabetical order by correspondent. Seven letters are from Henri Schouteden and nine are from Robert W. Storer. Other correspondents (one letter each, except where noted) include Rudyerd Boulten; L.D. Branch, discussing the lyre-tailed honeyguide; Herbert Friedmann, discussing honeyguide nesting, including the species Indicator minor;...
Dates: 1953 - 1953
- Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library 1
- Department of Ornithology Archives 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 1
- Birds -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Honeyguides. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Natural history -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1