Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: Mss .C376
Scope and Contents The collection includes diaries and field notebooks from the 1927-1928 Day Roraima Expedition, the 1931-1932 Legendre Indochina Expedition, and the 1934 Sage West China Expedition, as well as material on the 1946-1947 Rutherford African Expedition. There are also diaries labeled by location and year(s): Costa Rica 1914; Abyssinia 1927-1929; Africa 1938; East Africa 1958; and Ungava, Québec 1953; and some yearly diaries. Carter participated in 27 expeditions in North and South America,...
Identifier: Mss .C375
Scope and Contents The Papers Collection consists of correspondence, manuscripts, articles and reviews, clippings and photocopies relating to Carter's collecting activities for the American Museum of Natural History, and to his interests in the classification of mammals and birds, and bird banding. Correspondence consists primarily of typewritten letters and carbon copies, with some handwritten letters, both sent and received. The collection includes two handwritten signed letters from Ugo Mochi, principal...
- Birds -- Classification 1
- Birds -- Collection and preservation 1
- Birds -- Exhibitions 1
- Mammals -- Classification 1
- Mammals -- Collection and preservation 1
- Allen, Arthur A. (Arthur Augustus), 1885-1964 1
- Day Roraima Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1927-1928) 1
- Hoesch, Walter 1
- Legendre Indochina Expedition (1931-1932) 1
- Mochi, Ugo, 1889-1977 1