Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Mss .C446
Scope and Contents
This collection is a record of the Museum’s explorations undertaken during the 1920s in the Gobi Desert under the leadership of Roy Chapman Andrews. A list of the men who participated in the CAE can be culled from the expeditions’ letterheads used by museum personnel in New York. All but three of the men cited on these letterheads are represented here. Those not found are Mont Reid, a physician, James Wang, an interpreter and G. Horwath of motor transport. The variety of other correspondents...
1916-1940; Majority of material found within 1921-1933
- Subject: Manuscript Collection
- Names: Granger, Walter, 1872-1941
- Names: Central Asiatic Expeditions (1921-1930)
- Names: Shackelford, James B.
- Names: Matthew, William Diller, 1871-1930