Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 20
Identifier: PSC 172
Abstract Mostly field photographs of marine life and native people and their habitats taken at the Red Sea Marine Biological Station, Red Sea, Caroline Islands, Palau Islands, Micronesia, Guam and Honolulu, Hawaii. Also includes images of a pyramid, Malayan Tapir in Cairo Zoo and Roman Quarry at Mons Claudianus. Few pictures of buildings in Egypt. Also included are 7 slides of sea urchins, sea anemone and marine sandworms in the United States.
Identifier: PSC 344
Abstract Photographs of marine invertebrates and sea animals, such as sharks, sea horses, shellfish and fish.
Identifier: PSC 413
Abstract Studio photographs of marine invertebrates, shells.
Identifier: PSC 250
Abstract Field photographs of marine life and mammals in Australia, Great Barrier Reef Expedition, 1962. Includes birds, kangaroos, koalas, and underwater photographs of invertebrates and fish.
Identifier: Mss .H681-.H682
Identifier: Mss .H86
Scope and contents The collection consists of six notebooks (four composition, one small spiral notepad, one leather), kept as part of Hyman’s research work on invertebrate, including taxonomic identification of Turbellaria. The notebooks range from 1927 to 1964. They feature mathematical equations, trial and error scientific testing and a log of specimens. The majority of the journal content details specimen numbers, as well as information when these items were received, from where and whom. They are all...
Identifier: PSC 236
Scope and Contents Photographs of invertebrate shells.
Identifier: Mss .H33
Identifier: PSC 558
Abstract Close up photographs of fish and marine invertebrates, some taken in the AMNH Hall of Ocean Life. Some animals include starfish, lungfish (coelacanth), seahorse, octopus, eel, coral, barnacles, goldfish, shrimp, and a man-trap clam. Includes images of models.
Identifier: Art Survey No. 74
Scope and Contents Trilobite model. Painted black and gray. Inscription: "ACC561" on reverse.
- Subject: Invertebrates X
- American Museum of Natural History 9
- Raymond, Percy E. (Percy Edward), 1879-1952 3
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Geology and Paleontology 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Invertebrates 2
- Hyman, Libbie Henrietta, 1888-1969 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Animal Behavior 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 1
- Aronson, Lester R. (Lester Ralph), 1911-1996 1
- Bliss, Dorothy E. 1
- Breder, Charles M. (Charles Marcus), 1897-1983 1
- Clark, Eugenie 1
- Démeusy, Noëlle 1
- Eyerdam, Walter J. (Walter Jakob), 1892-1974 1
- Gerner, J. R. 1
- Great Barrier Reef Expedition (1962) 1
- Hovey, Edmund Otis, 1862-1924 1
- Kaston, B. J. (Benjamin Julian), 1906-1985 1
- Kelser, Alice S. 1
- Miner, Roy Waldo, 1875-1955 1
- Stunkard, Horace W. (Horace Wesley), 1889-1989 1
- Thurston, Stephen 1
- Whitney South Sea Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1920-1941) 1 ∧ less