Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Carl and Mary in Africa
Identifier: Film Collection no. 24
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH Eastman-Pomeroy-Akeley East African Expedition, 1926. In the opening sequence, Carl Ethan Akeley (associate in the AMNH Department of Mammalogy, and associate curator and adviser in the AMNH Department of Preparation) watches artist William R. Leigh painting habitat studies for the background of the klipspringer group, one of the dioramas now in the museum's Akeley Hall of African Mammals. At the campsite, located in the Lukenia Hills 40 miles east of Nairobi, Leigh...
Robert H. Minton photographic slide collection, undated.
Identifier: PSC 356
Photographs of safari animals in East Africa. Includes zebra, giraffe, rhinoceros, lion, leopard, cheetah, baboon, and crocodile.
- Animals -- Africa, East 1
- Diorama 1
- Film Collection 1
- Hornbills -- Africa, East 1
- Hunting -- Africa, East 1
- Jungle animals -- Africa, East 1
- Moving Images 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Zoological specimens -- Collection and preservation 1 ∧ less
- Akeley, Carl Ethan, 1864-1926 1
- Akeley, Mary L. Jobe (Mary Lenore Jobe), 1878-1966 1
- Akeley-Eastman-Pomeroy African Hall Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1926-1927) 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals 1
- Jansson, Arthur August, 1890-1960 1
- Raddatz, Richard 1
- Rockwell, Robert H. 1 ∧ less