Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 47
Identifier: VPA 4
Scope and Contents The Department of Vertebrate Paleontology began as a new department of the American Museum of Natural History with the arrival of Henry Fairfield Osborn (1857-1935) as curator in 1891. The years following are marked with substantial areas of growth in the department’s paleontology collections and scientific staff. The department’s records spanning 1924-1979 were deposited in the VP Archives at different times and in separate groupings. It has not always been possible to determine if files came...
Identifier: VPA 5
Scope and Contents Includes a total of seven notebooks and ledgers created and maintained by George Krochak for the Frick Laboratory to track crates of materials sent and received from the field. The first set of two notebooks record outgoing packages from the field. The second set of five notebooks record the field shipments received. Outgoing : Notebook 1, 1927-1964, Santa Fe, Nebraska, Arizona, California, Alaska, Texas, Espanolia and Notebook 2, 1960's, labelled 'Outgoing packages April 29, 1964'. Ledgers for...
Identifier: VPA 3
Scope and Contents The Department of Vertebrate Paleontology began as a new department of the American Museum of Natural History with the arrival of Henry Fairfield Osborn (1857-1935) as curator in 1891. The years following are marked with substantial collection activity and growth. Early records of the Department of Paleontology were deposited at different times and in separate groupings, consisting of requisition records, and specimens borrowed, loaned and returned. Files have overlapping dates...
Identifier: VPA 1
Scope and Contents Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence from 1887-1966, alphabetized by subject or author. Hundreds of scientists worldwide are represented by correspondence and include Alexander Agassiz, Glover M. Allen, Florentino Ameghino, Erwin H. Barbour, Franz Boas, Stephen F. Borhegyi, Robert Broom, Barnum Brown, Hermon C. Bumpus, Edwin H. Colbert, Thomas Alva Edison, Childs Frick, Walter Granger, William T. Gregory, Claude W. Hibbard, D.A. Hooijer, William T. Hornaday, Remington Kellogg,...
Identifier: VPA 7
Scope and Contents Collection contains personnel records, photographs, biographies, and group photos of the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology. Originally arranged in a loose-leaf notebook called the "Rogue's Gallery," the materials are now in folders and filed in their original order. Box 1 (1916-1965) contains group photos, individual photos, biographies, and personnel records; box 2 (1893-1958) contains group photos and a typed, unsigned manuscript that provides an historical account of the museum’s...
Identifier: VPA 11
Scope and Contents A listing of specimens, reconstructions, restorations, casts and photographs including information regarding sales or exchanges with other institutions both domestic and foreign. The dates of the transactions are as early as 1902 and as late as 1970. The arrangement in each folder is individually described. The 7th folder does not properly belong with this group (though found together) and consists of a catalog of bird specimens from the Frick Laboratory. Box 1 consists of loans,...
Identifier: VPA 18
Scope and Contents Charles H. Falkenbach Administrative Files. Alphabetic arrangement by individual, institution, or subject. Boxes 1-3 contains correspondence, AMNH pension fund records, expense accounts, specimen exchanges, and field work accounts. Boxes 4-5 contain manuscript notes, geological surveys, papers and oreodonts, and correspondence.
Identifier: VPA 21
Scope and Contents Since 1923 there has been a relationship between the American Museum of Natural History and the Childs Frick Corporation. The early relationship was by means of the Pliocene Fund established by Mr. Frick at the Museum to finance certain work carried out by Mr. Frick in Vertebrate Paleontology. The original fund was begun by a donation from Mr. Frick's mother, Mrs. Henry C. Frick, and replenished from time to time by members of the family. The fund was spent only in accordance with the direction...
Identifier: DR-H 42
Abstract Airbrush and airbrush materials, ellipsograph, binders, convention materials, budget tables, folders labeled "planetarium business".
Found in: Research Library Special Collections
- Subject: Administrative X
- Research Library Special Collections 36
- Department of Vertebrate Paleontology Archives 11
- American Museum of Natural History 30
- Hayden Planetarium 14
- Sternfeld, Ruth, d. 2007 11
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 9
- Tyson, Neil deGrasse 3
- Colbert, Edwin H. (Edwin Harris), 1905-2001 2
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 2
- Galusha, Ted 2
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 2
- Schaeffer, Bobb, 1913-2004 2
- Skinner, Morris F. 2
- Stout, Gardner D. 2
- Agassiz, Alexander, 1835-1910 1
- Allen, Glover M. (Glover Morrill), 1879-1942 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Invertebrates 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Mammalogy 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Frick Laboratories 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Library 1
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942 1
- Brown, Barnum 1
- Chartrand, Mark R. 1
- Conrad, George Miles, 1911-1964 1
- Discovery Tours (Program) 1
- Falkenbach, Charles H. 1
- Franklin, Kenneth L. 1
- Futter, Ellen V. 1
- Gaffney, Eugene S. 1
- Granger, Walter, 1872-1941 1
- Gregory, William K. (William King), 1876-1970 1
- Hornaday, William T. (William Temple), 1854-1937 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- Krochak, George 1
- Kunz, George Frederick, 1856-1932 1
- Langdon, George D. 1
- Merriam, J. C. (John Clark), 1829- 1
- Morris, Frederick K. (Frederick Kuhne), 1886 1
- Moynihan, William J. 1
- Nichols, Rachel H. (Rachel Husband) 1
- Nicholson, Thomas D. 1
- Norton, Ruth 1
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 1
- Simpson, George Gaylord, 1902-1984 1
- Taylor, Beryl E. 1
- Wortman, J. L. (Jacob Lawson), 1856-1926 1 ∧ less