Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Slides of every bark painting gifted to the American Museum of Natural History, Department of Anthropology (approximately 90).
Repatriation items photographed for Elaine Guthrie. Mostly Blackfoot Sun Dance objects, one San Carlos Apache cap.
Studio photographs of Northern Mexican Indian artifacts taken by John Lilly. Artifacts from the AMNH Department of Anthropology collection. Objects refer to two publications: Memoirs of the American Museum of Natural History, Volume III: I-Symbolism of the Huichol Indians (by Carl Lumholtz, May 1900) and Arte Symbolico (AMNH Memoirs by the Instituto Nacional Indigenista).
Images of include Indian map of upper and middle Missouri River, birchbark records, quilled buffalo robes, dancing dress with pictographs, Munsee basket, Hidatsa basket and other artifacts.
Slides of Kwakiutl objects and Tlingit helmet. Objects include masks, paintings, and sculptures. One slide of the Haida War Canoe (Great Canoe).
Studio photographs of African objects from Herbert Lang's collection of African objects in the AMNH Department of Anthropology. Artifacts from the Belgian Congo including ivory objects, figurines, gourds, barkcloths and calabash.
Field photographs from the Robert Suggs collection in the AMNH Department of Anthropology. Includes general shots of Tahiti and Tuamotu Islands and Marquesas Islands; umu making for "kaikai" Bastille Day (Taiohae, Nukuhira); petroglyphs, carving, and masonry (Marquesas); Fort Keatanui, burials.
Seminole Indian artifact images taken by David M. Blackard. Artifacts include clothing, tools, utensils and accessories.
- Tankas (Tibetan scrolls) -- Photographs 2
- Aboriginal Australians 1
- Africans 1
- Bark painting -- Australia 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Antiquities 1
- Huichol art 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- North America 1
- Nuka Hiva (French Polynesia) 1
- Seminole Indians 1
- Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Tuamotu Archipelago (French Polynesia) 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 7
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 3
- Chesek, Craig 3
- Finnin, Denis 3
- American Museum of Natural History 2