Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 35
Photographs of models and exhibits in the AMNH Hall of Human Biology. Mostly views from the hall of exhibit displays. Also includes Homo-Erectus and Australopithecus afarensis reconstruction. Images taken both in the gallery and in the studio.
Interior views of AMNH Hall of Ocean Life and Hall of Biology of Fishes. Includes exhibits such as the Dolphin Group, Fur Seal Group, Walrus, Pearl Divers Group, Blue Whale, and some slides from the Evolutionary Tree of Fishes exhibit.
Views of the exhibitions in the AMNH Halls of Saurischian and Ornithischian Dinosaurs. Photographs of exhibit cases, dinosaur fossils and models. Also includes some images of staff cleaning the models.
Slides for Measuring Time, Exploring Space exhibition and Perkin Library Slides concerning celestial objects. Includes black and white prints and paper documents.
Photographs of various halls and exhibitions at the AMNH.
Views of the temporary exhibition Leonardo's Codex (Codex Leicester), held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997, Gallery 3. Includes displays and reading room.
Views of the temporary exhibition Nature of Diamonds, held at the American Museum of Natural History, held November 1, 1997-April 26, 1998. Images include exhibits, views of diamond in kimberlite, diamonds in matrix, diamond jewelry, diamonds from royalty, and other diamond artifacts and specimens. Also includes Diamondback turtle, rattler, and moth.
Views of the temporary exhibition Patanal: Brazil's Forgotten Wilderness, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Akeley Gallery. Featured color photographs documenting rare plant and animal life in Brazil threatened with extinction.
Views of the temporary exhibition Reaching for the Stars, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 2000. Akeley Gallery.
Slides of Richard Hunt, direct descendant of George Hunt, carving and painting a totem pole during the Chiefly Feasts temporary exhibition held at the American Museum of Natural History. Images include museum visitors viewing Hunt working and finished exhibition location in the 77th Street entrance hall across from the Haida canoe.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 34
- Photographic Slide Collection 34
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 3
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 34
- American Museum of Natural History 32
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 15
- Chesek, Craig 7
- Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs 1
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 1
- Whitney Memorial Hall of Oceanic Birds 1 ∧ less