Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Mss .L88
Scope and content
The collection consists of two boxes of handwritten notes and notebooks, typescripts, correspondence and publications, with accompanying photoprints, most relating to Lutz's research, with a few personal items. Box 2 contains three 78 rpm recordings of insect and frog sounds. The bulk of the research notes involve Lutz's work on insect sounds, primarily those of grasshoppers and crickets, with some of bees and frogs; and of his experiments with ultraviolet patterns in butterflies. Most of...
1915-1938; Majority of material found within 1933-1938
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections
- Subject: Manuscript Collection
- Subject: Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence.
- Names: Lutz, Frank Eugene, 1879-1943
- Names: Brand, Albert R. (Albert Rich)