Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: PPC .S35
Scope and Contents
Field photographs included, entomological photographs consisting mainly of ants.
Identifier: Film Collection no. 29
Scope and Contents SEGMENT 1: Behavior of Bees. Bees are examined in the first segment of this program. Theodore C. Schneirla, AMNH entomologist, discusses their behavior, including the dances bees perform which give food location information to other members of the hive. Dances of the Bees, by Wilner Film and Slides, is shown. SEGMENT 2: The Legend of Colonel P. H. Fawcett. The mysterious disappearance in 1925 of Colonel P. H. Fawcett is the next topic of discussion. Fawcett was searching for a lost city in...
Identifier: PSC 429
Close up photographs of carpenter ants.
Dates: circa 1960s
- Names: Schneirla, T. C. (Theodore Christian), 1902-1968 X
- Bees -- Behavior 1
- Carpenter ants 1
- Film Collection 1
- Mato Grosso (Brazil : State) -- Description and travel 1
- Moving Images 1
- American Museum of Natural History 2
- CBS/AMNH Adventure Series (1953-1956) 1
- Columbia Broadcasting System, inc. 1
- Fawcett, Brian 1
- Fawcett, Percy Harrison, 1867-1925? 1