Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Slides for Nina J. Root's lecture titled "Architecture for Dinosaurs" 1992. Covers the American Museum of Natural History's first home in the Central Park Arsenal through the various reconstruction and restorations of the building and exhibit halls.
Field photographs. Detailed step by step photographs of Kazahkstan eclipse, taken by N. Gorbonuv and gifted to Clyde Fisher and his wife, Te Ata. Also includes a letter and article, and photograph of Fisher with Albert Einstein.
Copy photographs taken for Nina Root's lecture: Discovery Tour to Egypt. Photographs taken from the Rare Book Room, AMNH Library.
Negatives and positives from the book, Great Expeditions I
Travel photography taken on trips around the world. 420. Contains images from the AMNH Discovery Tours cruise: Oriental Passage, Cairo to Singapore, December 1989-January 1990. Includes a print out of the itinerary and details of the ship. 421. Photographs taken in Africa, Kenya, Brazil, Amazon, Nepal and China. Images include landscapes, animals (African), travel, monuments and palaces, and some ethnographic subjects.
A framed print of "Tengmalm's owl" by Edward Lear published in Volume 1 of The birds of Europe by John Gould.
- Names: Root, Nina J. X
- Photographic Slide Collection 3
- Photographic Print Collection 2
- Birds -- Pictorial works 1
- Museum architecture -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Owls -- Pictorial works. 1
- Travel photography 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- Latin 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 2
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Library 1
- Bickmore, Albert S. (Albert Smith), 1839-1914 1
- Einstein, Albert, 1879-1955 1