Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: DR 127
Abstract Correspondence and administrative papers during the directorship of James A. Oliver. Majority of papers are correspondence from the Director regarding applications and administration of research grants for AMNH projects from organizations such as the National Science Foundation, New York State Council on the Arts, NASA and various U.S. government agencies. Contains extensive records on active grant-funded projects regarding budgeting and planning, such as progress reports for funders,...
Dates: 1960 - 1968
Identifier: PSC 385
Scope and Contents
Photographs taken in Bimini, Bahamas. Images of snakes, lizards, crabs, trees, resort, beach and ocean views.
Identifier: DR 088-089
Scope and Contents The Lerner Marine Laboratory (LML) collection at the American Museum of Natural History contains documents, photographs, and clippings documenting the history of the lab from 1947-1977. Important elements of the collection include correspondence to and from key staff members; files on conferences, symposiums, meetings, and ceremonies; information about financial contributors; general paperwork; photographs of the lab, employees, and visitors; publicity documents and correspondence regarding...
Dates: 1947-1977; Majority of material found within 1948-1975
Identifier: DR 125-125A
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of administrative papers from the years 1959-1969 when Oliver was director of the AMNH. The files were arranged arranged alphabetically by subject, most likely by Oliver's secretary, and have been kept in their original order. A typewritten Guide to the file cabinet was found in box 1. Some miscellaneous files from the last box were interfiled. Most of the material is typewritten or printed matter, but there is a handwritten signed letter from explorer Roy...
- Names: Oliver, James A. (James Arthur), 1914-1981 X
- Department Records 3
- Bimini Islands (Bahamas) 2
- Museum directors -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence 2
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 2
- Development 1
- Marine biologists -- Bahamas -- Bimini Islands 1
- Marine biology -- Research -- Bahamas -- Bimini Islands 1
- Marine laboratories -- Bahamas -- Bimini Islands 1
- Oceanography -- Research -- Bahamas -- Bimini Islands 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Reptiles -- Bahamas -- Bimini Islands 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 2
- Breen, Ann 1
- Decker, George 1
- Department of Herpetology 1
- Lerner Marine Laboratory 1