Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 34
Views of the temporary exhibition Amazon Portrait: Indios e Caboclos, held at the American Museum of Natural History. The exhibition displayed 50 photographs capturing the centuries-old lifestyle of the Amazon's Tapirapé Indians, highlighting the work of Charles Wagley.
Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
American Museum of Natural History 50th Anniversary of the Whitney building photographic slides, 1986.
Views of the temporary exhibition held for the American Museum of Natural History's 50th anniversary of the Whitney Building. Includes displays with wall texts and exhibit preparation.
Slides from the AMNH Hall of Extinct Mammals and other exhibits in the dinosaur halls under construction.
Photographs of the Barosaurus mount in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. Includes images under construction and after construction.
Slides of Asmat people performing a wood carving inside the Hall of Birds of the World at the American Museum of Natural History.
Views of the temporary exhibition Bears: Imagination and Reality, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Includes visitors viewing dioramas, displays and exhibits.
Photographs for the temporary exhibition Body Art: Marks of Identity, held at the American Museum of Natural History, November 20, 1999-May 29, 2000. 669. Studio photographs of artifacts displayed in gallery. 670. Views of the installed exhibition. Also includes exhibit documentation and construction.
Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Mostly photographs taken of the AMNH Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs under construction and installation of fossil exhibits.
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 3
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 31
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 15
- Chesek, Craig 7
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs 1