Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Images of the polar flight expedition undertaken by Roald Amundsen and Lincoln Ellsworth in 1925; the transpolar flight of Amundsen, Ellsworth, and Umberto Nobile in 1926; and an exhibition documenting the 1926 expedition at the American Museum of Natural History in 1930.
Captioned, "Antarctic island where Ellsworth found minerals" and "Lincoln Ellsworth." Latter has Ellsworth with a penguin.
Contains accession records, inventory lists, correspondence related to accession of art works and expedition memorabilia for AMNH exhibitions, such as Theodore Roosevelt Memorial, Admiral Byrd collection (including list of Antarctic Expedition equipment and correspondence between Byrd and curator), John Burroughs exhibit, Amundsen-Ellsworth Polar expedition. Also contains accession records book, correspondence, and master sheet from defunct Department of Geography.
Arctic Explorer. Bust relief head. Inscription: Left side "Amer. Art. F'DRY, N.Y." On front bottom "Cameograph/Lincoln Ellsworth/1925."
Antarctic field photographs, features Snow Hill Island, wale bones, iceburgs, and penguins.
Photographs of Lincoln Elsworth and ship, named Wyatt Earp, used on Antarctic expdetion.
- Names: Ellsworth, Lincoln, 1880-1951 X
- Photographic Print Collection 4
- Art Survey 2
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- American. 1
- Department Records 1
- Explorers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- North Pole -- Discovery and exploration -- American. 1
- Polar regions -- Aerial exploration. 1
- Polar regions -- Discovery and exploration. 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 5
- Amundsen, Roald, 1872-1928 2
- American Artist Foundry 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Preparation and Installation 1
- Borup, George, 1885-1912 1